Hey,
I thought you might enjoy Colbert's satirical look at the Tibet/flame controversy.
Let everyone know what you think.
Tim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Think of this blog as your attention bank, a place where you will need to do business, making deposits and withdrawals and, hopefully, acquiring interest.
3 comments:
I think the whole idea that the olympic torch is more important than an ancient civilization being killed off is outrageous. Any one who belives this should really rethink theirs morals and about all the people they ever known or cared for. Even though the olympics show the capabilities of the greatest athletes in the world it would not mean anything if eventually more and more civilizations got killed off, and not all capable athletes got their chance to shine.
Haha, I can't help but laugh every time I watch Colbert's show; The man makes so much sense it's ridiculous! The Olympics are a big deal to some people, but this time, it really has gone too far. I can understand where the protesters are coming from and they did pick a great time to bring back attention the to Tibetans'(I recently saw a car with a bumper sticker saying "Stop the Genocide in Tibet"). But this protest to stop the torch from traveling its route is ridiculous. The Olympic Torch is supposed to symbolize brotherhood and peace right? Well, where is it? Especially in San Francisco, I'm really suprised because it's a city full of hippies! On the other hand, it is sad to see that everyone is making a way bigger deal about the torch being put out than an entire civilization. But what people need to realize is that the torch has absolutely NOTHING to do with Tibet. Even though the Olympics are being held in China, so what. They are two separate issues, and they should remain that way. At least now, well hopefully, people will start to pay more attention to what's going on in the world instead of freaking out about a flame.
This protest to stop the torch from traveling its route is ridiculous. The Olympic Torch is supposed to symbolize great athletes in different regions. Although the olympics are being held in Tibet putting the flame out is flat out outrageous. Two different issues should not be considered as one just because there isnt any peace.
Post a Comment