Through studying how news is presented to us, in this media presentation project I have learned that there are a lot of gray areas. I have also learned that through different countries news, I got completely different stories. For instance, I found a few articles on Fox News about my groups topic of the Haditha massacre in Iraq in 2005 that told the story as if they were truly opposing the actions of the United States Marines. In another YouTube video I found, however I don’t know the source in which it derives, had an English accented news caster, which was portraying our country negatively as well, but he had no intent of giving us any credit as a country for anything whatsoever, as the American news casters eventually did. Overall, there was mostly only negative feeling after watching and reading all of these articles, but the American casters had the most positive comments and facts on the situation.
I found and noticed in others presentations that a lot of the news was portrayed to give us, as viewers, a negative effect. All I got out of reading Fox News, CNN and YouTube for my own presentation was negative feedback from all of the reporting newscasters. While listening to others presentations, like the Olympics protesting, it was all a negative cloud over my head, and that was from my own classmates that were listening to the news. During the presentation of the man who is pregnant, however, it had a somewhat positive feel after watching Fox and CNN reports from the internet, but it did have a negative report feeling when the interviewers went to the neighbors houses instead of his. For these stated reasons, I believe it is extremely important to check all your sources, because stories change so much between sources. To not follow the news in our world dates yourself back to before we had radio or television, you won’t know what is going on around you if you don’t watch the news for a few reasons; our country trades globally, we fight in world wars now a days and there is a possibility one of you and I will be fighting in this war if it gets more serious, the world Olympics are turning to protesting and who knows what else will happen, maybe Brittany Spears will be sacrificed in South Park, Colorado for their next successful harvest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My view point of the Haditha Massacre was pretty interesting. Just like Mike mentioned..in his earlier blog and that I mentioned in my article "NY TIMES" that their were 9 wounded and 30 injured, was a false story from them. The actual story was that their were 24 killed. Ill I have to say is that the media is not trustworthy. My questioon to you guys is " should we trust the Media"?... And also while whe are at it why is that America get Nuclear weapons but not the other countries....
Post a Comment