Monday, April 14, 2008

Cheating

What moral obligation does a student have if he or she witnesses cheating? Write a PIE paragraph in response

I believe that as a student one does not have any moral obligation if cheating has been witnessed. I think that in order to maintain a well balanced campus, students must be united. I believe that as students no one has the obligation to do or say anything, because even before that teacher came into the classroom, the students first became classmates just for sharing the same room and the same goal of persuing a passing grade in the classroom. I think that before being students directed by a teacher, the students are classmates and friends. I think that it is on one's moral to admit one has been wrong and it is the teacher's job to be in charge of what goes on in the classroom, making sure the rules are followed. Although i do not believe in cheating i do not believe in snitching, i believe in one's personal space and i believe in respect. I think that one should not intervine in other's actions if these are not harming one's space, environment, future or self in general. I think that everyone has their little concious and that it is not in ones responsability or capability to change some one's values and morals unless it is in their own minds. As a student I would not say anything if i witnessed cheating, because i respect the decisions my classmates make, because i understand how serious cheating can be but yet it is not in my hands to teach them or let them know the concept of cheating. I think that it is the professors responsability to keep an eye in the class, and the responsability of the student to attend to class, learn and study the material given and be ready for exams. If either or both of them fail, then the problem is of two the iresponsable instructor and the iresponsable student, not of the one who witnessed the incident.

No comments: