What have you learned about the news and how it's told? What surprised you in your own research or in others' presentations? Be specific in supporting your answers.Also, argue (to your peers) how important (or not) it is to follow the news and be critical of its sources. Again, use specific illustrations to support your argument.Entries should be a least a page long and may include responses to others.
Based on the media project, I learned that different sources have different ways of delivering these stories in the news. MTV News for example, targets the younger crowd because they are the majority of its viewers. If you try going on the MTV News website, the first headlines you would see are about Miley Cyrus or Kanye West. They put these stories as their headlines because they know that this will attract their readers who are mostly teenagers.
While researching for our presentation, I realized that these sources have different outlooks on these issues. When I read about the gas issue in the Chronicle, I found that I got more information while reading the newspaper than looking at the New York Post or watching MTV News. The Chronicle gave a more in-depth perspective on the issue by including the opinions of different analysts who had a theory about the price of gas decreasing if the demand for it decreases first. The New York Post gave a brief summary of how much the price of gas rose without explaining to the reader what the reason could have been. MTV News pretty much blamed Exxon, and advised people to buy Hybrid cars.
I would say that it is very important to follow the news, because we should all know what is going around in the world. In my opinion, I would say that as teenagers, we don’t really follow the news because we are only concerned about what affects us right now such as issues like gas prices. However, when it comes to issues in foreign countries such as Zimbabwe, we don’t pay as much attention to them. Some teenagers, especially those who go to school full-time or go to school and work at the same time, also have no time to watch the news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment