Tuesday, April 15, 2008

on the media

On the Media….

I thought the media projects were pretty cool. I think I speak for everyone when I say it opened our eyes more to question what the reporters are telling us and how their telling us. I learned that the news is told in ways the people are wanting to hear it. It isn’t told to us raw and uncut like it should be. The reporters are leaving out details and facts, leading a lot of people to create their own opinion on the subject and getting all the facts. Doing the project I learned that even if the resources think that their telling us the facts that some sources don’ t have the correct facts. Like our article had 3 different numbers for how many people were killed. Also the presentations about the torch were interesting to hear how different places were reporting what was happening and who gave sympathy to who. I think it is still somewhat important to watch the news still. Even if the whole story isn’t there people should still have some kind of idea what’s going on around locally and internationally. It is up to the person if they want to expand and do more research on the topic to be more informed. I still don’t really watch the news except for weather and traffic, but now after these presentations I will be more cautions about what I’m hearing because it could just be what I want to hear.

1 comment:

Mz. Victoria said...

The media reminds me of the government; Everything they say isn't always true. I say that because the people of our country, yet alone in some other places in the world, depend on the media for information on what's really going on. The sad thing is though, is that the news isn't always the truth. From what I've learned and experienced as well is that one can not always believe what they here; That's where ignorance comes in. If people only watch one kind of news, and read only one type of magazine, that's their world and to them, that's all they know. It's really sad to see that they are a ton of people out there that do this and when the time comes down to having a discussion, it's obvious to see who and who isn't researching what's really happening in the world. I think it's extremely important to be informed on what's going on in the "real world" (not the tv show), especially our generation. We're growing up in a time now where a lot of things are changing and we should know about it because that's our future right there.