What moral obligation does a student have if he or she witnesses cheating? Write a PIE paragraph in response.
In a classroom, there are students who cheat and do not cheat. If a student is witnesses another student cheating on a test, quiz or homework assignment, it all depends on the morals of the witness what they should do. I can't speak for any other person on this matter so i shall give my own opinion based on my morals. If someone was visibly cheating off my test to where I noticed and the teacher was aware, then I would feel a moral obligation to discuss this matter with the teacher after class privately, mostly to cover myself and not get blamed. If I saw someone cheating off another's test or quiz, I would not say anything and let nature take it's course with whomever may be involved. I believe in these circumstances because if someone was cheating off of my test, I would not want to get blamed for something I did not condone, and if another couple or group of students were cheating I feel it would be in no way my responsibility. I feel it is the teachers responsibility when it comes down to catching the cheaters, accept if you are indirectly involved, in their classroom where proper conduct should take place. However, people cheat every day, and it would be impossible and would effect the teaching process to greatly to take the time and catch all of these cheaters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel that the moral obligation on cheating for a student is that, it's their own decision. I feel that my moral is that cheating happens everywhere, and its not cheating untill you get caught...haha just jokes. But honestly i feel that if your moral is that you're against cheating then the right thing to do is after class quietly talk to your teacher and discuss the matter, and if cheating to you is ok then the students saying, "im just helping one, because i have his back, he has mine and were all going for the same goal....an A". I feel that the right thing to do is what you personally feel the right thing is. Your choice and decision is always the right thing.
Post a Comment