Monday, February 4, 2008

Introduction and Discussions

Hello Bloggers!

This blog needs your attention now! It's not an option to wait on the sidelines. Participate or perish!

If you haven't already, please return to the previous prompt and introduce yourself to your fellow participants.

Next, come back this one an post a paragraph (at least) in response to the following question:

Is one a sucker if all that "entertaining" stuff--football, music, videogames, American Idol, etc.--gets in the way of one's participation in this democracy? Write what you really think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice to meet all of you fellow classmates, and you Mr.TMAX. My name is Carla, but those close to me call me CJ. Either one is fine, although I do prefer CJ. I went to Menlo Atherton High School, and then to Redwood High School. I didn't graduate, but I'll survive. I moved to San Mateo about 6 months ago from East Palo Alto. It's really different out here, but it's a better environment for me. I'm a full time student and I work as well. I work at Starbucks, which is awful. I'm in the process of looking for another job, so if you know of anywhere hiring let me know!!! God, family, school, and work are my life right now, so thats that. To all of you reading this, STAY UP and BE EASY, 1LOVE.

-CJ

Anonymous said...

p.s.- I forgot to mention that I love writing. I am working towards a degree in English.

krobinson said...

Participate or perish! I see Mr. Maxwell tends to exaggerrate! come on Maxwell you know you do! Ive already introduced myself to everyone and hopefully all has had a chance to read it, but if not I will fill you in. I am nineteen and moved to the bay from Mendocino County when I was eighteen. I felt that I needed a change from my small town, population under one thousand. I have learned many new things. Attending CSM is difficult at times because I must have two jobsin order to make ends meet... but I guess living on ones own is worth the pretty penny and effort. I am able to make my own schedule when not at work or school which is about 15% of the time. Im constantly busy. I am a sucker for wanting my freedom. And yes a major sucker for missing the opportunity to register to vote because of work. I do admit I need to be more active in the world around me.