Blog:
Visit Google News or the New York Times or FOX News or Commondreams.org or SFGate.com or The Guardian or The Onion or any other news source on-line and choose a story there that gets your attention (makes you want to read it) and read it; and then on blogger provide a link to the site where you found the story, summarize the story briefly, and explain why you found it interesting. Read others' entries to get an idea what people are finding interesting. Entry due by 10:00 pm.
Keep your hands off the cell phone come July
Ryan Kim, Chronicle Staff Writer
Monday, March 24, 2008
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/03/24/BUH2VMOHJ.DTL&type=tech
I chose this article because it talks about how it will be illegal for California drivers to use their cell phones while they’re on the road unless it’s a real emergency. They are going to be required to use a hands-free way of talking such as using a headset, a Bluetooth wireless headset, or the speakerphone feature of their cell phones. I chose this article because I admit to being one of those drivers who have one hand on the wheel while they’re talking on the phone. I found this article interesting because I learned that there were 1, 232 collisions due to handheld phone use as to 71 collisions with hands – free devices, and this makes me want to be more careful when I am on the road. I think that going-hands free is a good idea for California drivers in order to minimize accidents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment