Blog:Visit Google News or the New York Times or FOX News or Commondreams.org or SFGate.com or The Guardian or The Onion or any other news source on-line and choose a story there that gets your attention (makes you want to read it) and read it; and then on blogger provide a link to the site where you found the story, summarize the story briefly, and explain why you found it interesting. Read others' entries to get an idea what people are finding interesting. Entry due by 10:00 pm.
High School Cheerleader Dies of Breast Surgery Complications
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
By Catherine Donaldson-Evans
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,341313,00.html
The reason why this article got my attention was because the story line says it all, I was very astonished to find out that a person as young as to be attenting to high school could already be getting a breast surgery. I thought that I was going to read about some spoiled girl who just wasnt happy with herself and wanted such a surgery. Once I read the article i realized that although it seemed that this surgery was done trully for the looks, the reason was not fully based on that, but it also has a personal value. the reason why this girl was getting the surgery was because she had an inverted nipple. I supposed that getting the surgery would give a lot more confidence and would help her accept herself although as far as I know she did not have any selfsteem problems. I guess that this girl was just waiting to turn 18 in order to get this surgery but it seemed like looks were not all she cared about since she was also a straight A student. The hospital were she was attented has not given any answers to the press to why the girl died, but it has been claimed by the family and the lawyer that the anesthesia applied set her body in shock which later lead to her death. This was an interesting article and once again it is great if anyone seeks for any of this surgeries it would be a smart thing to research on the hospital and the chemicals used during the surgery.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment