Monday, January 28, 2008

Introduce yourselves

Hello!

I'm Tim Maxwell, your enthusiastic guide to the joys of college writing. I will be participating only occasionally in YOUR blog space, providing prompts or inserting my own thoughts when I can't help but join in.

Think of this as a place for conversation, not just monologues. You are REQUIRED to post at least a healthy paragraph or two each week.

For this week, you will need to introduce yourselves. Do so by posting a comment to this blog entry.

What is your name?

What gets YOUR attention?

What are your feelings about writing?

See you here and in class.

Tim

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Valerie and I'm the first comment.. yay. Currently the main thing that gets my attention is WRESTLING. The past four months I've been coaching a high school wrestling team. My former teammates help me coach as well and we always have a "coach's meeting" about the team. In other words we shit talk the team. The majority of my day and week consist of wrestling. Besides the fact the I spend most of my time around wrestling, wrestling also consist of boys and coaches (need I say more). The wrestling season is coming to a end and I have no idea where my attention is going to veer next.
As for writing, I enjoy writing things that catch my interest. I haven't done a lot of writing the past year. I write some poetry, I wish I wrote more. So yea that's me.. Val O

vishal kumar said...

My name is Vishal. The things that are getting my attention right now is school. I hate writing and I hate English. Writing can be easy if the topic is chosen by me.

Vanilla Bryce said...

My name is Bryce. People call me "B," "Brewsky," "Vanilla Bryce," "Leanza," "Lasagna," or "Joey." Either one is fine with me. As far as what gets my attention, I'd have to say it's people. Other people get my attention the most. As far as writing goes, I am used to it. It's good to know some styles and methods of writing to help you succeed. Then again, writing is a huge part of my current profession.

Rex! said...

Hi! my name is Rex a.k.a boombox. Things getting my attention these days are music, always and forever! School is also up there even though I hate it. Writing is something I have to do, but never liked it. The time writing is fun is when the topic relates to me on a higher level. Well I'm done, if you see me around don't be scared to say "hi".....K BYE

Ana Quinonez said...

Yo! This is Ana Marie, I very much enjoy writing, conversing, music, art, and learning, amongst MANY other things. I have to admit that all of this structured writing, and rehab for writers stuff is killing me. I'm use to just letting my hand write freely. I'm eager to see if this will become second nature like Sir-Maxwell has mentioned. I guess it can't hurt, but it is taking some serious adjusting for me. I hate feeling like I have boundaries, or guidelines when I write, it feels like I'm messing up my flow. This is my first time back in school in what seems like forever, and I'm really enjoying it. I plan on being an entrepreneur 7-8 years from now, I'm very passionate about what I want and believe, and I'm taking the baby steps to get there right now.. Starting with education. I also like to dabble in internet networking too, I'm currently building a huge network of what I see as free advertising that may benefit me in the future. (who knows?)perhaps, you can be a part of it, or already are. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

hello everyone! my name is jose montoya, but my friend call me montoya. Im originally from mexico, Guanajuato mexico, and yes spanish is my 1st language. i love sports specially running, running is my passion. i haven't done any other sports before but im always willing to try something different. to be honest i dont like writing, i find it too boring,but i like readind, i love reading stories about other peoples experinces,i just find it so interesting. the reason that im taking this class is because i want to be a better writer i want to be able to transmite my thoughts and feelings throught the pages of an essay, i want to leave my mark like the little girl named dusty! and i want people see the world from the same perspective that i do. ok that's it i hope to achive my goals for this class and try to keep forward.

Jacobo said...

okay...well my name is Neri Jacobo. I was born here in the U.S in east palo alto. things that will always grab my attention would have to be anything that has to do with Mexico...like Mexican soccer teams, Mexican foods, Mexican music, Mexican anything will grab my attention. Even Mexican Writting!! yeah dats kewl...except american writting, or how they say it here English writting, not really my thing...




Go MEXICO!
Yee!

Anna said...

Hi! My name is Annabelle, but everyone calls me Anna. I would say that school gets most of my attention nowadays. In my free time, I like to work out, play sports, go party or just chill and shop with friends. Writing is also something I like to do, but only if the topic is interesting.

krobinson said...

This is Kim, Sorry I have not been able to blog...I lost my password and could not figure it out. I created a new account so that I would be capable of it. who am I? I am a small town girl from mendocino county, whom decided to move out on her own. Im nineteen and what gets my attention would have to be work. I work two jobs and try to stay focused in school. Theres not much to me except for that.